Record The Journey and Thoughts

Wednesday 22 August 2007

What Happens With Blogger Indonesia


Hari ini, saat akan mengunjungi blog nomor satu di negeri ini, http://afsyuhud.blogspot.com, betapa kagetnya saya.. betapa tidak, yang saya temukan hanyalah satu posting sederhana yang mengabarkan bahwa databasenya hilang. Begitu pula saat beralih mengunjungi blog tutorialnya, http://kolom-mario.blogspot.com, bernasib serupa. Sayang banget kalo artikel2nya ga bisa kembali

Akhirnya, masih dengan ketidakpuasan, saya coba mencari sebab-musababnya. Perkiraan saya, pemilik blog tersebut akan berhenti dari bloggger ato pindah alamat. Ternyata...

"It happens so quick and without any warning and so unexpected. On Tuesday morning, August 14, I open my blogger.com account to write a piece on Religion and Adversity (I wrote a series of religious related stuff lately). When logged into blogger.com, I was so shock to find that none of my actively updated blogs appeared in the dashboard. I thought it was a nasty work of nasty hacker. It’s not, it turns out.

It’s blogger.com guys themselves that deleted all my blogs. The reason was my blogs have violated blogger.com TOS (terms of service) and content TOS. I explained to them that afsyuhud.blogspot.com has earned repute internationally and because of that blog original and unique content that I become one of honorable member as contributor in globalvoicesonline.org of USA and agoravox.com of France. But the Blogger Employee said nothing further.

I’m disappointed to the hill. I feel I have supported blogger.com cause in Indonesia. I even gave blogger tutorial in bahasa Indonesia at kolom-mario.blogspot.com specifically giving tutorial about blogger/blogspot technicalities. But what I got in return from blogspot? Deleting all my blogs?

I knew from the very beginning, that using free blog providers including blogger.com put us at the mercy of the providers; they can delete your blogs whenever they want and without necessarily any significant reasons. That’s said, I have a confident to Google & its founders which acquired blogger/blogspot. That’s why I urge all Indonesian to use blogger/blogspot instead of other free providers. This incident perpetrated by Blogger/Blogspot team to my blog has changed my perspective towards Bloggger/Blogspot and indeed towards all free providers.

I consider to make my own hosting sooner or later. Writing here in wordpress.com certainly not forever. Experience tells me, wordpress.com can also erase this blog whenever they want. Sooner or later, tomorrow or next month will not make any difference."

Sumber: http://afatih.wordpress.com

Tampilan terbaru


11 Comments:

  1. sudah pindah ke fatihsyuhud.com kayaknya deh Mbak..

    ReplyDelete
  2. iya betul, namun utk blog yg isinya tutorial ada di afatih.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beli hosting aja mbak biar aman. Namanya gratisan kan emang gak ada yg sempurna.
    12 ribu setahun. Mau? Ntar kalo mau aku bantu mintain tambah spacenya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. makasih infonya. udah lama ngga kesana

    ReplyDelete
  5. wa ternyta blog afsyuhud nomer satu di indonesia ya baru tau ni
    akuu

    ReplyDelete
  6. @agam: oke, pikir2 dulu ya... :D

    @de: mmg kemana aja selama ini bude?

    @didiet: beliau adalah salah satunya :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. halah, si aGam malah promosi neh :P
    iya juga sih, kasihan tuh seleb berjuang sana-sini dengan berdarah2 minta ke oM blogger utk mengembalikan artikel2nya yg di obok2 hacker itu.
    ah, semoga cepat beres. aMin..

    ReplyDelete
  8. masa seh no 1 wong PRnya aja klo ga salah 5 gitu. Klo no1 ya PRnya 11 dunk hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. masa sih no 1...sumpe looo

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo ... mungkin artikelnya yang serius itu dianggap menyudutkan pihak tertentu *who knows* yang menurut TOS blogger memang ngga diperbolehkan. mungkin pihak yang merasa disudutkan melaporkan blog tersebut ke administratornya jadi dihapus deh.

    ReplyDelete

Silakan isi kolom komentar dengan mencantumkan ID Anda
(Twitter, FB, IG, eMAIL). Terimakasih